October 11th – On the second Day of National Paralympic Week, the working group of the project in NPC Iran organized several programs for demonstration of paralympic sports to the students with disabilities across the country.
The main implemented activities:
• Organizing sports competitions in special needs schools
• Organizing cultural festivals in relation to Paralympic Movement goals
• Acknowledging Paralympic medalists and officials involved in Paralympic sports at schools
• Educational initiatives related to Paralympic Movement
• Promoting schools’ Paralympic activities in media
• Celebrating Symbolic National Paralympic Day in the selected special schools throughout the
National Paralympic Week, October
10 through 16 2022, highlights Paralympic Movement objectives such as
empowerment of people with disabilities and improving their self-worth, health
and social inclusion.
The creation of ‘National Paralympic Day’ (NPD) dates back to the 15 years ago when the Iran NPC strategies led to the formation of “National Paralympic Day” and the project initiated on 9 October 2003.
IRISFD's officials and Iran Women's National Sitting Volleyball Team attendance in a school for girls with intellectual disabilities (ID)