Para cycling was first introduced to the Paralympic Movement by the visually impaired cyclist. Later, it appeared on the show in New York 1984 Paralympic Games, and turned out to be one of the most competitive sport in the program for individuals with cerebral palsy, visual impairments and physical impairments.
Para cycling features the following events
• Road race (men and women)
• Individual time trial (men and women)
• Handcycling team relay (men and women, mixed event)
• Tandem sprint (men and women)
• Team sprint (men and women, mixed event)
• 500 m time trial (men and women) or kilometer time trial (men and women)
• Individual pursuit (men and women)
• Scratch race (men and women)
This sport made its debut in 2001 in Iran, and the first edition of the national championships was delivered one year later. Team Iran made its first international appearance n the same year and took part in the competitions hosted in Germany.
Para cycling is now practiced in 15 provincial clubs in the country.
Watch the introduction to Para Cycling on Paralympic TV.